Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Awkwardness with the Alveys: A Wife's Malice for Her Husband Not Thinking She is as Funny as She Thinks She is

Amanda don't you worry about me blogging everyday. I will! (I have a special treat for you: TWO POSTS TODAY!)I have nothing better to do until school starts, and then I'm sure my antisocial self teaching small children will lead to SEVERAL awkward moments. But anyway . . . as I've mentioned before James and I have been married for about 10 1/2 months now. In that time I've begun to feel more comfortable around him (ie began to act stranger and stranger.) During my bursts of "comfortableness," I find myself to be EXTREMELY funny. However, my dear husband doesn't seem to think I'm as funny as I think I am. I mean everytime he talks about hunting and I begin to run around the apartment screaming ANIMALS HAVE FEELINGS TOO and SAVE BAMBI, he usually just looks oddly at me and says, "What are you doing, Chelsee?" I just don't think he gets my sense of humor sometimes. (Amanda, you should tell James sometime how funny I actually am because he read my blog and told me I was ridiculous and that the prego lady pic with the tire was "inappropriate" Really, James?) Anyway . . . back to James not thinking I'm very funny. Case in point, another installment of "Awkwardness with the Alveys."

(While I realize this picture really has nothing to do with the story, James has difficulties reading blogs when no pictures have been provided. I'm hoping he'll look at the picture, be so intrigued as to why I add it in, and then proceed to reading my blog.)

Episode 2

Scene: James, although being sick the night before, is at work. He and I are texting each other.

Chelsee: Oh, well, I still think Boogie (James really hates that I disclosed his nickname) should have just stayed home :( you sounded horrible.
James: Ha Ha, oh well.
Chelsee: You'll think "oh well" when you're laying on a hospital bed slowly dying of toomuchsnotites.
James: I guess.
Chelsee: Come on honey, laugh. Toomuchsnotites! That's funny.
James: I didn't get it.
Chelsee: It is a disease I just made up. Too-much-snot-ites (toomuchsnotites). HAHAHAHAHAHa
James: Oh.
Chelsee: So funny. HAHAHHAHAHHAHHA
James: Sure.

*A few hours later*

Chelsee: Sure hope your grandpa got his hay in; it's raining like a beast.
James: Oh jeez.
Chelsee: I'm serious. A beast! Our apartment might be under water when you get home.
James: Ha ha. (I don't think this laughter was very sincere because James was very melancholy that day, and when I told him that at dinner he didn't know what melancholy meant, and that made me laugh tehehehehe.)
Chelsee: Blurb...blurb...blurb...drowning...blurb.
James: Bye.
Chelsee: Blurb...blurb.
James: Bye.
Chelsee: Blurb!
James: Well bye bye.
Chelsee: Blurbbye.
James: Well, it's not raining in Monroe yet, so pray it doesn't.
Chelsee: Blurb. (At this point I burst out dying with laughter, naturally because I'm so funny.)

*A few minutes later*

James: So what are you doing?
Chelsee: The neighbors are playing weird latin rap music.
James: Fun.
Chelsee: Mostly I'm talking to myself and laughing.
James: Crazy nut.
Chelsee: RAHHHHHHHHHHH rrrrrrr (roaring like a tiger just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Tragically, James never responded back.)

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

i'm a loser and checked your blog first thing at work hoping you had posted this morning. you didn't fail me!! james is funny for not thinking your funny. i couldn't stop laughing last night and chad thought i was a freak and i told chad that everyone thinks he is the funniest Lloyd but it's really Chelsee. Him & Trisha just try to overshadow you with "funnyness", but it's really you. did that make sense?

Chels said...

Thanks, Amanda. It made sense, and it is so true. I'm the funniest, PEOPLE!