Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Boogie Birthday



James' big 23rd birthday was on Wednesday, and since I've been busy with student teaching stuff since then, this is the first chance I've had to get a "happy birthday" post put up. Wednesday was a long day for me, and James was sick, so our festive spirit kind of flopped, but we still tried to celebrate the day.


We celebrated Boogieface's birthday with a booger-green party. Literally, everything was booger-green. (I'd like to say that I'm corky and thought up this idea well before I bought everything, but I just happened to only be able to find green cupcake wrappers and it spiralled from there.) James' family came over that night to enjoy green sprinkled cupcakes, green punch, and green ice cream all on a green plate.





And YES, I made those cupcakes AND the frosting from scratch. Let's take one more look at that awesome cupcake tier I made.





I love you Boogie, and I hope you had a boogery, awesome birthday.

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

love the green birthday chels!! hope he had an awesome day.
The cupcakes were YUMMMMMY!!! THANKS!

kathleen said...

It looks really cute and I was very proud of you. Love ya.