Friday, June 3, 2011

One Thing James Can't Resist . . . A Sale

I've been bugging James a bit over the past few months to buy me some new furniture for our living room. While I do appreciate getting the couches we had for free from my in-laws when we first got married and couldn't afford to buy new ones, well . . . they were hidious and honestly a little gross looking. See.




Exhibit A: Cute nephews, but ugly couches.







Exhibit B: Cute husband opening up Christmas present, but nasty couch.



James hadn't ever been too happy to jump at the idea of spending money on couches, but there is one thing an Alvey cannot resist and that is a sale. Luckily a Memorial Day Sale ad came in the mail, and BAM . . . new couches and tables for the living room!





Now I just need to find a sale for pillows and something cute to go on the coffee table.

1 comment:

Adam and Dev said...

Shopping is always best with a sale! Yeah for new furniture! Thanks for the blog invite. You crack me up :)