Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Alveys Move to Centerfield and Some Other Awkward/Important Things That Have Happened

Our House


























So we've finally done it. We have moved to . . . uh hmmm, cough, cough . . . Centerfield. We are officially Sanpete Countians (artificial whorays!). On the brighter side we're also officially homeowners? (I put a questions make because I'm questioning the brighter side of that statement currently.) Buying and moving into a "previously dwelled in residence" has been much more of a pain in my progressively expanding backside than I had imagined.







On the 9th of August, and after much ado about not nothing, (see Chad I just made an allusion, not illusion, to a Shakespearian play, oh and a pun as well) we were ceremoniously welcomed into our home by the previous owners with a disgustingly unclean house and a large car sized pile of trash (aka nudy mags, broken glass, and random tidbites of unwanted items) on the side of the house that clearly couldn't have fit into anything called a trashbag/can, and when I say clearly couldn't fit, I really mean clearly could have. After several fun filled days of cleaning, stripping ugly bear/deer/moose wallpaper, painting, cleaning, cleaning, throwing away nudy mags, cleaning, and unpacking, and maybe an emotional breakdown or two/five, we are finally somewhat settled into our new home.






In other awkward/important information, I've been teaching at my new job for nearly three weeks now. Thus far I've had two small breakdowns, accidentally excused my students 15 minutes early from class twice, have heard every possible joke about me looking like I should actually be in 8th grade from both teachers and students, have had one pencil throwing incident, have been yelled at by one student about how much he hates me and my class more times than I could possibly count, have kicked one student out of my class already (clearly the same student doing all the yelling), and have had two awkward male students show up on my front lawn staring at my house. It's been a very eventful three weeks at work.




Also James has started his long, daily treks to class in Richfield and work in Monroe. He hates school already, and I hate him getting home at 7 or later every night.


James and I went nearly two weeks with no hot water. Taking freezing showers makes for a happy us. Luckily we have that fixed now, thanks to my handy husband.




Our Centerfield neighbors are . . . nice/uncomfortable to let into your home. We've been showered with breads, and jams, and cookies, and welcomes, and one awkward family home evening visit from fellow ward members/coworker. Mr. X (the names have been changed to protect the identity of the awkward) is a teacher at the middle school. The couple are BYU, music majors in their mid twenties, have been married for six years, and have three kids with one on the way. They also let their kids run a muck around my home while I tried my hardest to make friendly conversation and not yell at their children for climbing up my banister and wrestle next to my very breakable teapot lamp. On their way out they insisted we come over for dinner and video games sometime. Yeah, that will never happen.


And just so you're aware this post took me over a week to finish, so yeah, life is busy, clearly.


4 comments:

kathleen said...

Your house is beautiful and you have all ready made it a home. The yard is lookin good too. Happy for you and hope you survive the school year! I worry about that! lol Keep a stiff upper lip!

Amanda and Chad said...

oh yay! i love new posts from chelsee! k, so i'm thinking we haven't seen you in forever so let's hang out this weekend ok?!?! i want to hear more teaching stories. chad only wants to refer to you as "gangsta's paradise" now.

Trent and Robyn said...

So glad you have your own home. Very Great time in your life. Enjoy

Poulson's said...

Hey sis...so clearly I am "catching up" on your life thus far haha...this one made me laugh! So, the whole neighbor mom that lets her kids run a muck~ maybe you should cut her some slack. Just sayen. NO, I would NEVER let my kids run a muck, or bug the neighbors that would just be rude. HA! My kids are hated on, I'm judged as a mother by them all, & probably a few have wanted to call DCFS on me (NO, I don't deserve that, they are just OCD)so I guess (because I'm hated on by neighbors) cut her some slack....that said, I do know the annoyance of neighbors we have a street full of them!