Monday, March 25, 2013

Splish Splash

How to get the "Mother of the Year" award for awesomeness in bath time experiences:

1. Don't bathe your child till they are three weeks old. (Excuse: his cord took forever to fall off, then I avoided it for a few days because I didn't know how to bathe him, and then he got circumcised so we had to wait for that to heal.)

2. Require your mom to come show you how to bathe him when you finally do get around to it because you're afraid you'll either A scald him to death or B drown him.

3. While trying to get him in the tub succeed in getting poo all over the counter.

4. After getting him all nice and clean, let him pee all over himself. Then just wipe him back down with a wippie because putting him back in the tub would just be too much.

And 5. Most importantly, while holding him on his tummy and washing his back, get so consumed in how cute his little bum is that you don't notice you are repeatedly dunking his face in the water.









2 comments:

Krystal said...

First of all, you and James made an adorable baby! Congratulations! Second of all, this made me laugh so hard! I love that you are honest and real!

Adam and Dev said...

I agree with Krystal. Your writing style is so fun to read and your little boy is so cute! We will have to have a playdate with our boys sometime I am visiting my family :)