Yesterday (July 4, 2011) marked two years since James proposed to me.

These are some of my fond memories of our engagement:
- That night at dinner, before he proposed, he chugged down about 10 Mt. Dews and was extremely hyper; now I know why.
- He proposed in front of the Smithsonian Castle in Washington, D.C. (Yeah, that's where they filmed some of Night at the Museum 2.)
- He actually planned on proposing at the Capitol building right after the fireworks, but when we got up there, there were a million people around. I guess he chickened out.
- I had on new, really cute gladiator sandals that were KILLING my feet from all the walking around, so I wasn't super happy. James apparently didn't care and was determined to find a good/private spot to propose. (Ha private! It was the 4th of July in D.C.)
- Although I can't remember exactly what he said, I'm sure it was really cute, and obviously I said yes.
- James did the best job at picking out my ring, and he did it all by himself!
- My sister Trisha, who we were staying with, was a big freak and worried the whole time we were gone that we were going to get mugged/murdered/lost before we made it back to her apartment.
- The funniest/worst memory of all is weeks later when we went to have our engagement pictures taken. James passed out in the back seat of my mom's car on the way there, and I had seriously thought he died. While I was busy FREAKING OUT and yelling for my mom to call 911 (although we were mere blocks away from the hospital,) James luckily came to. The funniest part is WHY James passed out, but if I posted that James would probably see to it that I was murdered, so I'll just leave this story with my family members laughing and the rest of you wondering why.

Here's to two amazing years with James Alvey!
4 comments:
Funny, James also almost passed out another time due to the same sudden "illness"....Chad
Love you dear and Love James too.
You should be glad that I worried about you. D.C. was is straight up gangster and you two are both dorks!
Great couple! Forever and Always!
Post a Comment