Saturday, September 14, 2013

Trip to Spokane


The perk of James working for his parents' hardware store is that sometimes he needs to go to a hardware show with his parents, and sometimes I (now "we") get to go with him. Are these shows super exciting? No! Are these shows remotely interesting. No, not particularly. Then why, you ask, do I consider them to be a perk of the job? Well, because they're usually free. This resent one in Spokane was a particularly free one: flight, hotel, and most of our meals included, not to mention all the free crap the vendors give you at the show. 

This was obviously Mclain's first time on a plane, and I was a little worried he was going to be a little monster, but he did great!  Yeah, we had a few monstery moments, but they were pretty short lived. 

Getting on our first flight. Yeah, it's 6:30 in the morning!







They had a bunch if these photo things around the convention center. Don't ask me why, but we took advantage of them. 

One of the vendors had this super cute little rocking chair in his booth. Mclain wasn't so sure about it.

Taking a walk along the river. 

Of course James spots a deer down along the river in the middle of town.

For some unknown reason, Spokane has a giant red wagon in the park, so James took Mclain down the slide.



Mclain got so much attention at the convention. It was like no one had seen a baby before. (I'm sure they haven't seen one as cute as this little guy is though!)

Plane ride home! 

Had to take a picture of his plane ticket!

Finally back in a hotel in Utah! 

Had a blast, made lots of new experiences, but so glad to be home! 

1 comment:

kathleen said...

I enjoyed the pics and was glad you posted them so we could enjoy what you did on your trip. I was wanting to see the steak pic though. lol Mclain had his first plane ride at 6 months and his grandma Lloyd at 63 lol.. He looks so cute in the pics and so do all of you. thanks for sharing.